1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos on a dvd

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bigsteve10, Nov 13, 2003.

1. bigsteve10

bigsteve10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to all this and am looking to buy a DVD recorder to stick by the video.
    I have photo's taken by my digital camera burnt on a cd. (cdr)
    Can I just stick the cd in and watch the photos' on the tv, does it work by play/pause? and what spec should I look for in the reviews when they say it can use different dvd discs. Or am I being to optimistic.

Steve

2. kamza

kamza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi mate

Couple of options here for you...

1. Pioneer do a model that can read "jpegs" (the file format that is used when you're pictures are burnt onto your cd). If you buy this model (don't know if anybody else makes one), you can watch them directly.

2. Other option is to buy any dvd player that reads CD-R's (virtually all new models now) and then get some software for your PC. Most programs allow you to create slide shows, DVD style opening menu's and fancy transitions between pictures. I use Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Creator V6. Really easy to use and very professional results.

Hope this helps.