Photos from another plane

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually from 2 planes, the first photo is of the coast of Greenland taken while flying from UK to Los Angeles:

1304845346_8413c7bb43.jpg

This one was taken on the flight home over the Grand Canyon:

1303969143_75012e5c40.jpg

And then on final approach to LHR, Buckingham Palace:

1304846954_36f64e9b1d.jpg

Each shot was taken with my D80 in RAW format then tweaked and cropped with Photoshop Elements 5.

All comments etc welcome as always!

Regards

John

Fascinating.. and lovely to look at..:thumbsup:
Makes a serious case for a Window seat ( and flying by day)

The Grand Canyon and "Liz and Phils" London home are nicely captured , considering you probably had only 20- 30 secs to catch them before the plane moved on . Also your PP keeps the natural colours it seems
The Coast of Greenland ( also well caught) makes me wonder how that country got its name.. Its all Blueland to me!:confused::rotfl:
It looks almost like a painting on my monitor:)

Well done.. thanks for sharing

nice shots, all the icebergs look like boats! i didn't think planes flew that close to buckingham palace unless you've used a huge zoom!

Excellent photos, did you use a big zoom only i have flown the same route over greenland and the ice bergs and mountains were not that close, i think we went over at about 30,000 feet

Even with a big Zoom ,as they were handheld I imagine a decent Image stabilisation system was active

All three were taken with my Nikon D80 kit lens - the Nikon 18-135 F/3.5-5.6G using the max zoom and steady hands - honest! Of course using RAW gave me a big file to crop, but having said that I did not crop that much.

Regards

John

Lovely pics but can't help wondering if a bit of contrast adjustment would make them a little more dynamic.

Lovely pics but can't help wondering if a bit of contrast adjustment would make them a little more dynamic.

I wonder about that too and find that the Greenland image has a bit more tonal range on the monitor at work compared to mine at home.. one of them is probably "off"

nice pictures indeed

I did quite a bit of work to get them as they are, I was worried that I might overdo it (as I have been guilty of that in the past). The main problem is that BA don't keep their windows very clean. Also shooting through two sheets of "glass" also reduces the quality.

Maybe I could try my hand at HDR on these....

Regards John

the boost in contrast and saturation works well

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom