Photomatix 'painterly'

ziplex

Only a very subtle attempt with Phomatix painterly on my dawg, what do you think?

Also i've been wanting to post a few more attempts at HDR but when resized they don't look up to much......am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• breezer_.jpg
    breezer_.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

shotokan101

Banned
That works quite well for me - even the halo - though compositionally I'd have cropped a chunk out from the left to move the dog off centre a bit :)

JIm

dudeonline

Only a very subtle attempt with Phomatix painterly on my dawg, what do you think?

Also i've been wanting to post a few more attempts at HDR but when resized they don't look up to much......am I doing something wrong?

I kinda like it, you can reduce the halos (if you want to) by adjusting the "Highlights Smoothness" in Photomatix. What don't you like about the resized photos?

ziplex

I kinda like it, you can reduce the halos (if you want to) by adjusting the "Highlights Smoothness" in Photomatix. What don't you like about the resized photos?

I have looked at the 'how to' on posting pic's and i've been resizing when there's been no need to......i'll have another go sometime. I tried various with the filters in photomatix but ended up liking this, the original is only a small file so I may try shooting some raw and tweaking a bit more:smashin:

ziplex

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom