Photoimpact 11 any tips

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by sbowler, Mar 25, 2006.

1. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Just got this and seems pretty daunting, any regular users got any helpful advice? or is it just keep messing with it and learning. I have always been impatient. LOL:D

2. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Am I the only one with this software. LOL Anyway found some video tutorials on the photoimpact site, four altogether very interesting.:clap:

3. monocrider

monocrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having used Photoimpact 10 for a few months, I got quite proficient with the package and found it OK, but in the end got fed up with the fact that anything you tried to do took ages.

I decided to cut my losses and bought Photoshop Elements instead and the improvement is immense - A far far better and more responsive piece of software.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but try downloading a free 30 day trial of Elements and see how you think it compares to PhotoImpact.

Having made the switch I don't regret writing off the cost of PhotoImpact, more the fact that I wasted so much time with it in the first place !

Best regards,
    John

P.S. Elements contains almost all of the everyday features of of the full Photoshop, and several of the missing features (e.g. curves, channel mixer, layer masks etc.) can be added for no cost.