Photography General Chat Thread

=adrian=

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those random photography (but not only) posts that are too trivial to merit its own thread.

I'll start. If I was to sell my Canon 85mm 1.8 prime lens here on AVF, would there be any interest?

I'm still considering whether to sell or not.

(probably 50mm 1.8 too)

What will you replace it with? Its not the classifieds so watch out about gauging interest.

Can we talk footy? :devil: :p

What will you replace it with? Its not the classifieds so watch out about gauging interest.

I only used the 85 handful of times since I bought it couple of years ago. It is a bit of random thought as I don't have to sell it, but it just sits there unused especially since I bought 100mm L Macro - similar length.

I am thinking about Canon Pixma PRO-100 if I'm honest :)

Here's a thought. I would like to see Canon release a DSLR to rival medium format pixels and to compete with the Nikon D800E.

but it just sits there unused especially since I bought 100mm L Macro - similar length.

As does my 85 1.8, ever since I bought the 135L.

Will you be selling yours? I'll be selling mine most likely. I don't remember last time when it was on my camera, a year, two years ago? Same as 50 1.8

I'm not sure yet whether to try to sell it here, on ebay or TP yet

I keep thinking about selling it and probably will when I get around to it. But then the little voice in my head starts saying "it's such a light little gem, why not keep it" :rolleyes:

No more photography related purchases anymore this month. I blew my budget for this month on this badboy :p

ivIlYwR.jpg

I keep thinking about buying one of those. My ballhead has one built-in, but once the camera's mounted I can't see it.

Is the 135L really as good as the reviews?

I've been trying to buy one, but the second hand prices are too strong. I might have to buy new.

Is the 135L really as good as the reviews?

I've been trying to buy one, but the second hand prices are too strong. I might have to buy new.

I would say so, yes, which is probably why it holds it's value in the second hand market.

i've been having the same dilemma about my 85mm. I think though I'm leaning towards keeping it..I don't need to sell it and I have used it before for portraits and it would be a pain to have to buy it again if i needed it. When I move to FF, I probably will sell it though and used the money to put towards the 135L.

I want to buy a 17-40L at the moment, looking on ebay but anyone know of any good used deals going on this lens?

i've been having the same dilemma about my 85mm. I think though I'm leaning towards keeping it..I don't need to sell it and I have used it before for portraits and it would be a pain to have to buy it again if i needed it. When I move to FF, I probably will sell it though and used the money to put towards the 135L.

I want to buy a 17-40L at the moment, looking on ebay but anyone know of any good used deals going on this lens?

Try TP classifieds, I think I saw a one or two over there recently.

im not a member there, do you need to have been a member for a while before using classifieds? Also i thought they were mainly US based?

edit: they aren't US based i was confused but do seem to need 25 posts and member for over 60 days

I keep thinking about buying one of those. My ballhead has one built-in, but once the camera's mounted I can't see it.

My tripod and head have 3 levels built in, but they are all pretty useless. 2 are on legs and as we know legs are often not straight and one on the 3 way head, but same as you, when camera is mounted I can't see it :facepalm:

im not a member there, do you need to have been a member for a while before using classifieds? Also i thought they were mainly US based?
TP is UK based.

I think you are right, I just check their FAQ and this is what is says about classifieds "Those members of the forum that have been here for at least 60 days and contributed 25 posts can see and use the classified sales section of the TP site."

Not funny......

....no

...not funny at all

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom