Photography General Chat Thread

Hey -it would make you make sure your Fly was Zipped if nothing else.... ;)

When would you use such a lens? Really weird FOV that.

"The company details the Entaniya Fisheye as being suitable for producing different types of VR content depending on which lens version is used."

"The company details the Entaniya Fisheye as being suitable for producing different types of VR content depending on which lens version is used."

Yeah, with a bit of stitching it should be quite easy to produce very high quality VR photos. VR is hugely demanding, I quite fancied trying one of the £300 360 cameras but I've tried some of the samples on my VR headset and the quality isn't good enough for it.

Has anyone had any success reporting Amazon sellers? I've been tracking camera prices to keep an eye out for any second hand bargains but I've noticed a crop of scam sellers who seem to keep sprouting up. They're offering cameras around a quarter of the rrp, they have almost no feedback despite a huge amount of highly desirable electronics for sale and their seller details say to e-mail them to organise the order. I did try reporting one to Amazon and I just got a stupid reply back that they couldn't find a seller profile for my e-mail account. They seemed to have a blitz on them and they disappeared but the same ones are reappearing again with some new ones as well.

John

Looking at my Flickr camera roll I notice a button marked "Magic View"
Well I like magic as much as the next photographer so I click it.

upload_2016-10-25_16-53-9.png
upload_2016-10-25_16-54-30.png
upload_2016-10-25_16-55-8.png

I think it may need a bit more pixie dust... :)

On my phone ans don't have my readers on me so had to zoom into the "people wedding" one....ban stick in hand :D

Ban stick? It's mannequins in Liberty!
In my phone it's so blurry as to be unrecognisable as anything, let alone something rude :eek:

Can't open the attachments either, which appears to be because AVF thinks I'm blocking ads. I'm not I'm just using Safari on iOS - grrrr.

Ban stick? It's mannequins in Liberty!
In my phone it's so blurry as to be unrecognisable as anything, let alone something rude :eek:

Can't open the attachments either, which appears to be because AVF thinks I'm blocking ads. I'm not I'm just using Safari on iOS - grrrr.
Didn't realise they were attachments, I can't open them on chrome, they're not even coming up as clickable.

Is there a way to remove the default grain when importing pictures?

I only noticed the other day that grain was being added in the effects section of LR when i import photos. Only stumbled across this by accident and through the grain was coming from my ISO being too high.

Is there a way to remove the default grain when importing pictures?

I only noticed the other day that grain was being added in the effects section of LR when i import photos. Only stumbled across this by accident and through the grain was coming from my ISO being too high.
When you click import on the right hand side you will see a section with import settings including presets that can be added on import. Make sure it says none.

Didn't realise they were attachments, I can't open them on chrome, they're not even coming up as clickable.
I clipped them in Windows 10 then pasted them directly into the reply box - that makes them inline attachments by the looks of it.
On my iPhone 6 they were very pixelated so I assumed I could click through but couldn't - then I got told off for using an ad blocker (which I never have?) so I gave in.
I've just dealt with the adblock by logging out and in on my PC and checking again on my phone the images are displayed normally in line so there is no larger version.

F...f...f...f...fashion
by AMcUK, on Flickr

I'm still wondering what filth @Zone thought I'd uploaded :D :eek:

"Blow Up Dolls" ? :devil:

Parents bought me the shift lens for my 6x7 for my birthday. They didn't realise just how big and heavy it was till afterwards.

Here it is amongst a few others to give a rough idea of it's size. It takes 105mm filters and weighs in a 1.6Kg.

From left to right
Nikon 300mm f2.8 AI-s
¬Tamron SP 180mm f2.5
Mamiya Sekor Shift 75mm f4.5
¬Nikon 35mm f1.4 AI-s
Mamiya Sekor 65mm f4
¬Nikon 50mm f1.2 AI-s
Mamiya Sekor 127mm f3.5

:cool:

When you getting your Guide Dog then Toby ? :devil:

Am I missing something. Is this just a camera in the shape of a smartphone?
Well it's a Android smartphone they're pitching at photographers. I suspect a certain flavour of retro enthusiast, instagram and bloggers.
I'm not sure I'd call it a "camera" first though. It popped up sponsored on facebook so I took a look.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom