Photographer Spends 10 Years Tracking Down Album Cover Locations

Great project - don't know any of those artists though.

What? You've never heard of the great John Holt?

My dad used to play his music all the time at home in the 70's! Him, Ken Boothe, Desmond Dekker, Johnny Nash and a ton of other Trojan 7" singles.

And I hated them at the time, what a fool!:facepalm:

Last edited:
What? You've never heard of the great John Holt?

My dad used to play his music all the time at home in the 70's!

Afraid not. I wasn't exactly listening to music in the 70's :)

Not even Peter Tosh of a little known band called the Wailers?

Also had this little hit with some other bloke ...

Not even Peter Tosh of a little known band called the Wailers?

Also had this little hit with some other bloke ...

Afraid not - but then I find Reggae one of the most un-listen-to-able genres going.

What is an era exactly? :)

Most people associate meaningful musical eras or time periods from when they were either growing up or just becoming interested in music.

Mine's the 70's and 80's, but mostly the 80's as I had my own disposable income and wasn't relying on my pocket money!

Most people associate meaningful musical eras or time periods from when they were either growing up or just becoming interested in music.

Mine's the 70's and 80's, but mostly the 80's as I had my own disposable income and wasn't relying on my pocket money!

90's was when I first got into music with the mid 90's to mid noughties being the most intense period.

Morrissey called Reggae, "vile". What an idiot.

Personally I hate it - just can't find the music in it - every song seems to be the same 'badoom bop, badeem bop' bass line with some half drunk sounding lyrics over the top. I know it's popular so there must be something there - but it's a real dance-floor-emptier for me :)

Photographer Spends 10 Years Tracking Down Album Covers of Locations he Walks Past Regularly...
... he also went to New York and Berlin.

May have been a better title :)

Joking aside, impressive work.

Photographer Spends 10 Years Tracking Down Album Covers of Locations he Walks Past Regularly...

Title altered :p

Like or dislike the music aside I find it pretty amazing to see what he has done and how well he has aligned the albums into the location/s

Makes me want to dig out my old albums now....

I used to regularly walk into the (What's the Story) Morning Glory? album cover (from IMBW's intense era) just a few years before its release - my student digs' landlord's office/jewellery shop was right there and I'd pay my rent by credit card, and I'd also pop into Selectadisc. That landlord was later made a Tory peer by Dave.

Those are brilliant. Still go out and dance to a bit of Trojan occasionally :)

Yes I was thinking that - how did he find #4 in London?

Impressive work though - very clever. Amazing really, how little some areas have changed.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom