Photobucket changes

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
I am surprised that this has not come up yet - photobucket have stopped supporting free third party hosting of images and this is now a paid service (and very expensive at that). So, if you want to do a bbcode link to your image on another forum then you will have to pay for it and I am assuming that all previous links will disappear as well.

I know most on this site use Flickr but on a number of other forums (fora ?) I use this seems to be a bit of an issue. Let's hope this is not a trend that catches on with other sites.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Pretty sure it has been mentioned ;)

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Ok, must have missed that, I'll get my coat :blush::suicide:

AMc

Distinguished Member
It was discussed in the sharing subforum.
Question - Photobucket policy change

The change to Photobucket has broken an enormous number of threads I've seen here and in other unrelated forums. It's also messed up a fair few amateur user reviews I've seen. I also spotted a few broken eBay listings too.
I can see that there is no money in hosting images for other sites that no-one links through to, but it still seems like an extremely heavy handed response which could seriously torpedo their reputation. A pity.

markie g

Distinguished Member
It was discussed in the sharing subforum.
Question - Photobucket policy change

The change to Photobucket has broken an enormous number of threads I've seen here and in other unrelated forums. It's also messed up a fair few amateur user reviews I've seen. I also spotted a few broken eBay listings too.
I can see that there is no money in hosting images for other sites that no-one links through to, but it still seems like an extremely heavy handed response which could seriously torpedo their reputation. A pity.
Yep, seems more like a ransom approach.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom