Prominent Member
Reaction score
Great tweak I found in cydia

]
5203899880_6cb70a52dc_b.jpg

Introducing PhotoAlbums+: From the makers of iRealSMS & PwnTunes

[Click here for a YouTube Demonstration]

What is it, and what does it do?

PhotoAlbums+ is a new tweak for the native Photos application compatible with iOS4 capable iPhones & iPod Touches.

What it basically does is cut out the tedious iTunes tethered process of creating albums and organizing your photos… No longer do you have to be at your desktop to add or remove albums.. no longer to do you have to export the photos/videos to your pc before you can create and import an album to your device. No longer are you at the mercy of iTunes and forced to settle for a flawed, inconvenient and impractical photo management tool!

Now with the touch of a button you can create new custom photo albums! Use the native media selection method to choose which photos/videos to MOVE out of the camera roll into your new custom albums... even move items from one custom album to the next. Simply use the ‘move' option to distribute your photos across your custom albums. If you have ever used the 'move' option in the Mail.app, then you already know how to use PhotoAlbums+. The UI has almost a zero learning curve as it is seamlessly integrated into the Photos application in such a way that you actually will think that this is really the way the Photos app should have been from the very beginning.

Another exciting feature is the ability to create password protected albums. Simply click on the ‘Lock' icon within the album creation popup and create a password. Its that easy. No fuss, no muss.

To delete and album use the swipe method. And upon deletion all the photos contained in the set will be moved back to the Camera Roll. Best of all this doesn't interfere with the iTunes syncing process, and you can backup your photos to your PC with ease. The tweak also is compatible with applications that hook into the photos app, so when choosing to insert pictures via twitter apps or messages apps, your albums will still be organized, password protected and ready for use. So take control over your Camera Roll and get it together with PhotoAlbums+!
PhotoAlbums+ Manage your iPhone/iPod Photo Albums on device without iTunes - Home

Create an Album:[Click for Image]
To create custom albums just press the "plus" button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Just name the album, go into the camera roll and begin distributing your pictures and videos into your custom albums!
Easy to use and beautifully integrated. You'll really wonder how you got along without it all this time.

Moving your Images and Videos:[Click for Image]
Moving your pictures and videos between albums is as easy as
1) select the items you wish to move.
2) press the MOVE button found along the bottom of the screen.
3) select the album you wish to move the items into.

Delete an Album:[Click for Image]
Easily delete an unwanted album by simply swiping your finger across the album cell. This will produce a DELTET option in which you must press to confirm deletion.
Note that deleting an album does not delete the contents. The grouping of images and videos are what is purged while the actual pictures and videos are moved back into the Camera Roll.

Password Protection of an Album:[Click for Image]
Ever want to keep certain pictures and videos out of the reach of prying eyes?
Well now you can!
With PhotoAlbums+ you have the power to password protect your custom albums.
Its easy, just tap on the LOCK graphic in the upper-right corner of the New Albums popup and a set of password fields will populate the screen. Setup your password, select SAVE and your finished!
Fast, easy, intuitive.

Windows Export:[Click for Image]
PhotoAlbums+ will detect your custom albums and create seperate folders in the Windows File Explorer for increased control and ease over what you choose to export to your desktop.
Managing your Camera Roll just got easier!
(note: folder names will appear generic in nature, so you will have to go through the folders to determine what album is which.

Windows Explorer Album View:[Click for Image][Click for Image]
Upon entering one of the custom folders you can view the contents on your Album folder within the Windows File Explorer. Drag items directly to your desktop or the entire folder to easily export photos and videos to your Windows PC.
Managing your Camera Roll just got easier!

Last edited:
Thanks vey much OP the native gallery needs so much tweaking and this is a great start.

thanks again!

Just downloaded. Seems like an ok app. But I can't move photos from my camera roll to albums that are already there, if I create a new album I can move it to the new album. I also can't copy from existing albums to new albums, can onlu move from the camera roll. So erm, not that great.

Just downloaded. Seems like an ok app. But I can't move photos from my camera roll to albums that are already there, if I create a new album I can move it to the new album. I also can't copy from existing albums to new albums, can onlu move from the camera roll. So erm, not that great.

Ha ha, that's the spirit!

Delete the album and make a new one. Simple
I'm
Sure the dev will update it soon enough.

Delete the album and make a new one. Simple
I'm
Sure the dev will update it soon enough.

Delete the album with over 300 pics in?

I'd have to connect to the PC, copy the pics, delete the album, create a new one, copy the pics back too it. Seems like a lot of effort to me.

Ha ha, that's the spirit!

Sorry, I just don't think the ability to move a pic from your camera roll to an album you have to create first, not an existing one is that great.

It has the potential to be a must have app, it just isn't yet.

Watch the video
If you delete a new album the pics go straight back to camera roll.

Watch the video
If you delete a new album the pics go straight back to camera roll.

I just tried that now, it doesn't seem to be working for me. I slide, click delete and delete disappears, but the album doesn't actually delete.

Works fine on mine,try and reinstall the app maybe.

Works a treat!

Fianlly as ive been wanting somthing like this for a loooong time!

Tried to reinstall. Still not working. Maybe it's conflicting with something.

Nope, can't get it to work. Tried everything I can think of. Also tried deleting folders and creating new ones, but since you can't move from the photo library it's pretty pointless.

Nice idea, but for some reason it doesn't work for me.

I'm in the same boat as you Lyceum. It just doesn't seem to do much. I just hope there's an update with a few better options soon :rolleyes:

This is by far the single best JB app available. Functionality that 100% should be included in the stock firmware but for some reason isn't. It's been implemented completely seamlessly too.

There was an update today, but I can't see any difference.

So for me, zero benefit at all to having this app.

There was an update today, but I can't see any difference.

So for me, zero benefit at all to having this app.

Really? But it let's you organise photos on the actual phone!

I downloaded this today and it works well for me. Not being able to move to an already created folder is a bit of a pain but it is nice feature none the less and I will be using it!

Really? But it let's you organise photos on the actual phone!

All my photos are already organised. I can't move photos from the camera roll to already existing folders. I can't create new folders and move photos to them from the photo library, or create a new folder and move photos from already existing folders. I can't delete photos in already existing albums.

So this app gives me the ability to create new folders, which is pointless since my photos are already organised.

All my photos are already organised. I can't move photos from the camera roll to already existing folders. I can't create new folders and move photos to them from the photo library, or create a new folder and move photos from already existing folders. I can't delete photos in already existing albums.

So this app gives me the ability to create new folders, which is pointless since my photos are already organised.

Then delete it from your phone ;):thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom