Photo uploading

has2mow

Every time i try to upload a photo on here it just comes back with error, i am on apple. Any tips please..

Sonic67

Banned
  1. Create an account on photobucket or similar.
  2. Upload pictures to photobucket.
  3. Post a link to the picture that is on photobucket on here.
  4. The picture will then appear in your post.

has2mow

Flip that was a fast reply, normally i just drag the photo over into the upload a file bit and it appears. If i try that on here then Error appears is that because the file size is to big?

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
You can drag or copy & paste an image directly into a post in this forum software. Not the file name but the actual image. It will be resized but makes sense to keep it a sensible size to start with.

Last edited:

has2mow

Thanks i click on ( Upload a file) i then drag my image into the box and push choose, it then starts to load and then just displays Error all the time.

has2mow

So do i just drag the photo across into my reply.

Edit just tried that and nothing, me and computers.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
So do i just drag the photo across into my reply.

Edit just tried that and nothing, me and computers.
Yes but as I said, you don't drag the file you drag the image while it's open in something. As you drag the file into the reply box it turns grey & says Drop Files Here to Upload or some such. Doesn't seem to like doing it in an edited post though for some reason. Then it turns pink & complains unless you go to More Options!

Last edited:

IronGiant

I'll have a go...

IronGiant

Doesn't seem to work here...

But upload file doesn't either, I have to use photobucket

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Here's a screen grab of dragging an image.

upload_2014-5-14_20-18-52.jpeg

After dropping the image the Full Size or Thumbnail option appears. In the grab below I selected thumbnail & it appears in the post. Note that after dropping the image you have to wait for it to upload.

upload_2014-5-14_20-21-7.jpeg

The images in this post were inserted with the alternative method of simple copy & paste. This is in Firefox.

Edit
Just tried IE11 & that works the same. As I said earlier, it doesn't seem to work when editing a post unless you select More Options first.

Last edited:

IronGiant

I think that's what I did but didn't get the drop file here option... I'll have another go...

IronGiant

Odd, I do get the drop files here to upload option but when I do that nothing happens.

Copy and paste doesn't work either...

Dammit, I like Chrome... :)

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Bear in mind that when your drop the file then uploads. Nothing will appear until it has & that will obviously be dependent of the file size & your upload speed. Don't know that I CBA to install Chrome to test... :p

Edit
Chrome works too.

Last edited:

Lee

IronGiant

Ah, that will be it then, stupid 14 megapixel camera...

I'm amazed that in this day and age the forum software can't auto resize it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom