Photo Transfer between software

Dennis Leighton

Established Member
Reaction score
am running Win98SE with OE6 on Telewest BB. I have bought a digital camera in the past few days (Canon Powersot A80). Over the years I have a collection of photographs on Picture It Express 2000. I would like now to transfer those photographs to my newly installed software namely Canon Zoom Browser EX and Arc Soft Photo Impression 4. Can this be done, and if so, could someone kindly tell me how to do it?
Many thanks.

Hi Dennis, what do you mean by transfer your photographs?
If you have all your images in folders on your puter, just open zoom browser then click open then navigate to the folder that holds the images you want to view or work on. I hope this helps you....good luck

Thanks Miggs for your prompt reply. I couldn't reply earlier for Telewest lost the BB connection! Having just got A80 Powershot and the software which goes with it I thought I could transfer all my photos. onto that software and, if necessary, work on them and so dispense with Picture It. Not being a 'Techie' I am finding it difficult and am coming to the conclusion that the simplest way for me is to transfer the photographs manually!

Dennis what Miggs is saying is that you can view/edit/save/do whatever you want with your pictures using any software you wish, there is no need to 'transfer' your photos at all.

You say in your original post that you have a number of pictures IN Picture It 2000. The keyword here is IN.

You don't have any pictures IN Picture It 2000 you merely used that program to view and edit them. As long as they were then saved as either TIFF, JPEG and not Picture It's own file format (not even sure if there is one) then you can use any program you want now and ditch Picture It. There is no need to 'transfer' anything just start Zoom Browser and browse to the folder or folders where your pictures are stored and you will then be able to view/edit/save/do what ever you want with them.

HTH

Thanks for your reply Peakoverload. It may well be that you are providing the clue as to why I cannot' see' the folder for those photographs in Picture It are in what is described as 'mix' and not JPEG etc. From what you say this may well be one of Picture It's formats! Very many thanks to both of you for your help.

Me again dennis, If picture It uses its own format all you have to do is open your images in that software and save them to a format like jpg, tiff, any common image format will do (depending on what you want to do with the images). The common image formats will be ok to run in Zoom Browser EX. Hope this helps....regards miggs

well done Dennis I knew you would do it...... happy picture taking.

ps, dont forget Dennis jpg files are compressed so there will be some loss in quality, I use tiff format with no loss in quality so if in future I need to rework any image the quality is still there.
Regards miggs

Miggs, very many thanks for clarifying the formats for me. I am very new to digital and thought that JPEG was the best to use. I much prefer to have as much detail and quality in the finished print so TIFF. seems to be the one from now on.
Kind regards,

Dennis there is a trade off with tiff files against jpg files, what you gain in quality means bigger files sizes. Happy shooting Dennis

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom