• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Photo Stitching Software - Which one ?

mark.carline

allymac123

I just use photoshop CS3's photomerge panorama option. But then I'm only combining at most like 12 shots, usually 6 or 7.

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
I just used AUTOSTITCH for the first time to join a bunch of pics I took of Lower Manhattan and it came out great. I sent the joined image to a company I found on thr web that take digital photo's, enlarge them and print them onto canvas and got a reply saying the resolution is fine to do the above - should be with me next week!

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Yeah I meant to mention about the output size also. I found that if you added up the width of a;; the photo's and used that as the output width, then it does little in the way of resizing, and thus little in compressing

Mark - it's not on this computer, I'll try to remember to post it up :)

mark.carline

thanks for your replies - I'll have a look at autostich.

I have just got a Canon 450d and aparently there might be some software on the CDROMs that it comes with (I normally dont bother with the free software that comes with cameras so I might give this a wirl !)

Canon Europe - PhotoStitch

b.t.w. Does anyone know what is "DEMO" about Autostitch - Does it timeout ??

Last edited:

T0MAT01

Yep photo stitch comes with the Canon software, but can be annoying to use - you have to make sure all of the photos are rotated the correct way up first. The joints don't seem to be as invisible as those from Autostitch either.

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Here's the pic I joined using Autostich;

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 739

onamee360

I just use photoshop CS3's photomerge panorama option. But then I'm only combining at most like 12 shots, usually 6 or 7.

I tried using photoshop's option for a panorama of the royal crescent in Bath using 3 shots but couldn't get a decent result. I don't know if it could have been to do with the input photos or just me doing it wrong. I ended up doing it manually in photoshop. Heres what I ended up with:

Attachments

• Royal_Crescent_Panorama_2_by_Ross7777.jpg
    Royal_Crescent_Panorama_2_by_Ross7777.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 534

mark.carline

I tried using photoshop's option for a panorama of the royal crescent in Bath using 3 shots but couldn't get a decent result. I don't know if it could have been to do with the input photos or just me doing it wrong. I ended up doing it manually in photoshop. Heres what I ended up with:

Nice picture! - Did you try autostitch ?

AutoStitch

?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom