• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Photo software or photoshop technique

kennydies

Established Member
Hi,

I have done some major work on the interior and exterior of my house and want to show the differences.

I took the before photos 16 months ago and want to take the after photos from the same angle / zoom which will be pretty much impossible.

When I take the after photo when I flick from the before to the after they are never going to line up acturately due to the photo angle and the zoom I used.

Basically, my questions are:

• Can I use a function within photoshop to crop the 2 photos to ensure they line up?

• If photoshop can't do it, what software will?

Thanks for your advice

twist

Distinguished Member
Check exif for zoom length and other details, then get a tripod and trial & error, depends on how accurate you want it as to how much time youll spend.

kennydies

Established Member
Ah, was hoping there was going to be a clever someware technique to help me out.

My only other solution is to make an animated gif to morph from one photo to the other.

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
If you can get it very close 'in camera' it's possible to make slight adjustments to angles etc using the distort tool in photoshop.

However, getting it close 'in camera' is essential - using EXIF data to help is good advice.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom