Photo Sharing Thread

electrolyte said:
Jazz - those are stunning shots but this is the best IMO. Cracking :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input, they were taken at the pamplemousse gardens in Marutius. The humdity was that high, the camera wuldn't work later on due to the high condensation warning :eek:

Jazz ,
ALL those pictures from Mauritius are simply stunning ( no ...its not a repetition :just run out of superlatives!):thumbsup:

Steve
Its amazing what quality of glass £70 gets you over the 350D ( and 20 /30D) kit lens..I like;)

Feiji :
My one trip to Scotland was a (very) grey winter in Aberdeen,:eek: Il have to go again soon!

Well done Guys great pics all of them

Johndm said:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

Old Warden........Aeroplanes.............:smashin: :smashin:

MORE.....:rotfl:

:hiya:

Surely, you've seen these before John - Flypast Forum mean anything to you, I'm sure that, even though I've never met you, I'm aware of you?

The JP is obviously not at OW (distinct lack of any concrete there), it was taken at Kemble.

Much more at my personal website!

SteveGreen - Thanks. Like the colours in your pics, above.

Mylo - I think you were referring to Steve's bottle pic, and I've got to agree. Reflections, it seems, are the bee's knees at the moment.

FeiJi Fancier said:
Mylo - I think you were referring to Steve's bottle pic, and I've got to agree. Reflections, it seems, are the bee's knees at the moment.

They make me look thinner too :clap:

here is one of my first piccies with the 350d 18-55mm kit lens 1/60 5.6 :)

smallIMG_0041.jpg

Here's one from the weekend, taken in Largs, Scotland ...

No More Neopolitans

114873677_cfd9ca7e31_o.jpg

Apologies to anyone who's already seen it elsewhere ...

Taken with a Nikon D200, Tokina 12-24mm, no filters, all PP nonsense ...

FeiJi Fancier said:
Surely, you've seen these before John - Flypast Forum mean anything to you, I'm sure that, even though I've never met you, I'm aware of you?

The JP is obviously not at OW (distinct lack of any concrete there), it was taken at Kemble.

Much more at my personal website!

Ahh yes.....I do pop in there from time to time...Plane Talk too...:hiya:

I think we should wear a red rose at airshows to identify each other...:rotfl:

Looking at yours (and many others) pictures, we collectivly must spend hours stood nearly next to each other.....

Found this pic yesterday on Anet...must have been close enough to talk to Simon???
(mines the helicopter)

A good demo of the zoom on my 100-400L lens too.....

Attachments

• 0988599small.jpg
    0988599small.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 1021188small.jpg
    1021188small.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 59
Here's one from the weekend, taken in Largs, Scotland ...

No More Neopolitans

SSB, the more I look at your shot, the better it gets. Perhaps the sign of a great pic when you keep going back. Very nice :)

Pete.

Gordon @ Convergent AV said:
Is Nardini's out of business then? I used to love Nardini's ice cream....and the famous acting daughter isn't bad either;)

G

Nah, they've just moved nearer the bowling alley in Largs, which I think's a shame ... the old building was much nicer.

The shots here just keep getting better! :clap:

playthefilm, nicely focussed shot :smashin: How are you finding the camera? I'm guessing you like it? :)

SSB, I like the angle of that one (I also liked the angle of your 'tractor' shot by the way) I think I will be experimenting with angles at the weekend :laugh: :eek:

Pete, Nice portrait shot, quite dark and moody. What ISO was it shot at?

Pete, Nice portrait shot, quite dark and moody. What ISO was it shot at?

Shot in 1600 on aperature mode 1/160 without flash, with my 50mm 1.8 lens.

Hi can i post shots that are from film (is it digital only), and heavily photoshopped images(but have been worked from my own photos!????

stevegreen said:
How are you finding the camera? I'm guessing you like it? :)

Loving it mate, Jazz Monkey Jr was right in the other post, I shouldn't have hesitated.

For simple shooting it's fantastic, that shot of the snowdrops would've took about 10 attempts with my old camera (although it is a great for a little compact camera:smashin: ), but yeah I love the 350d.

One thing I haven't worked out how to do is turn the multi short burst off (it just scrolls through timer or multi burst (on the portrait setting)), anyone know how? (can't find it in instructions, cheers :thumbsup: ).

Got loads to learn, I like the feature (although haven't tried it yet) of scrolling through the focus points, and there's so much other stuff to play with and learn.

Love the size of it, for me it feels perfect as I didn't want a 'big' camera to weigh me down.

No doubt will get some more pics up sometime soon.

:D

Some of mine, the ones that have been photoshopped are pretty obvious.

All scanned from slides as i havent taken the leap into DSLR yet.

Some have been posted before but to have them in the one place is way better, good sticky!

This one taken origianlly from a statue in our Cityhall.

dsc000175gy.jpg

These were orgianlly a proper Macro (1.1) shot of a Lara Croft figure.

hdfgdj6xj.jpg

unhjtitled13to.jpg

Newcastle, , sky and lightining was added for some "drama" in the pic.

newcastlepromenadecopy1vs.jpg

This is another statue that sits just inside the doors of Cityhall

lady7sn.jpg

A small travel chessboard taken in macro.

chess9ha.jpg

The following two where not touched up in photoshop, except for sizeing and scanning.
We had about 3 days of a constant miss, luckily this happinned when i had a day off, so at about 3am (freezing!!!), i wandered down to the river with tripod in tow.

river16yy.jpg

tree21xf.jpg

Any crit's appreciated!!!!.

cu3ed great stuff, especially the lightening one and the bottom one through the trees

Cauliflower Envy!

IMG_2185.jpg

Not a great shot by any means but about the best of the bunch that I took this morning :( :laugh:

When does a swan become a duck?

Taken @ 300mm with Sigma lens, ISO 100, F5.6, 1/400, aperature mode
:)

DSCF1424.jpg

I thought this looked interesting when I took a photo of it, I liked the way the leaves were positioned and the colour jumped out at me, maybe to you guys it's just a bunch of leaves, I don't know. I also have no idea about photography at all so pointers would be great! I have only just got the hang of resizing and photobucket.com too, which is why it took so long to post. My camera is a Fujitsi S5500.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom