1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo quality from PC120 is low????

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by lauteng, Jul 29, 2002.

1. lauteng

lauteng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice by Graham.Myers. But I have 1 more question : How can I get the smooth quality picture out of my PC120 like other pixel cameras does? I took many pictures but all of them (indoor and outdoor) look like very low quality altough I've set to Super fine mode with highest resolution and Auto to the rest functions. The pictures do not look like taken from a 1.55 Mega pixel camera.......

Can anyne help me on this?

Thanks.:confused:

2. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I found this to be the case with my Panny GX7 with 1.2 Mpixel stills,though some close ups are excellent when printed out,with lots of detail,landscapes are not too good.

I use a free brilliant software stills view/manipulate utility www.xnview.com which has a filter for reducing noise (jagged edges) which gives much improved results.

Other than that and a JVC GRDV3000 cam with 1600 x 1200 stills,which still might not give you the results you or I would want,you'll need a digital camera,which I'll get next year,as I bought a Samsung compact for now.After all cams are designed for moving images really,I suppose.