1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo Printers

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Vodder, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm looking to get the other half a photo printer for Chrimbo. She has a Olympus mju-300 so I was looking at the Olympus P-200, Jessops have it for £59.95 but the pics are quite small, not even 6x4.

The Canon selphy range has been recommended but they vary so much. Prob is the camera she has is not compatible with PictBridge so the printer needs to be able to print from XD cards - anyone recommend any and even better where to get it from? Time is ticking and I don't want to leave it till the last minute.

Cheers...

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Aren’t pictures cheaper to be done by the proper printers like Boots? They even do a service where you can print single pictures off. The last time I bought some printing paper it was dearer than what I could get them printed at bots and that was before you ad ink in to the equation.

3. Vodder

Vodder
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Your probably right, but she is quite keen to be able to do it where and whenever.

The printer paper plus ink for the cannon's is about £10.99 for 25 which works out to be 44p for each piccy - no idea what it is in boots though...

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    £5 for 50 6*4 and £7.50 for 50 7*5. I think Jessops is somthing similar but I do not know what they charge for single prints.
    My fathers the same he has just bought a digtal camera and is always on about a printer for it and he does not take that many pictures. I supose its nice to shoot a picture and have a print of it rather tha wait.

Sorry if I have not answerd your original question.

5. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I got a Canon Bubble Jet i560 recently. Not done too much printing, but tried a couple of A4 size photo prints, and they came out pretty good.. :D

Have a look here.. http://www.canon-europa.com/For_Home/Product_Finder/Printers/Bubble_Jet/i560/

6. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    the olympus is a dye sublimation printer and as such will not fade
    if you go down the inkjet route you will get great pics up to A4 from most modern printers however if you are going to display or sell your pics you will require a printer that uses pigmented ink and not dye based ink ( mI use an epson photo 2000p A3 printer) the good news is stunning prints light fast for 50 years + the bad news is £££££££. As with any printer always check the cost of the inks before you buy, I always recomend epson for normal home use purely because compatible carts can be bought for as little as £1.50 each compared to the £20 for epson ones
    If its the glossy feel of real photos your after pick your best pics, photoshop them to your desired liking, save them back to cd and let boots do the rest

7. Spencem

Spencem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've got my parents an Epson Picture Mate for Christmas, £115 from Amazon. Refill packs of Ink and paper are £24 for 100, so 24p a print. It takes all types of card including xD and the results are very very close to a dye sub.