1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo Printer

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Topic, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Topic

Topic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am buying an Olympus 3010Z or Kodak CX7330 for my wife for xmas. I can get them for about £99 each.

I am also looking to buy a photo printer to go with one of the cameras. Has anybody got or can recommend an Olympus or Kodak printer to go with one of the cameras.

Topic

2. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Can I start by saying that just because you're looking at Olympus and Kodak cameras this doesn't mean you have to limit yourself to a printer from the same company. I personally would recommend Canon, but Epson and HP are also highly rated by lots of people.

It all depends on what you actually require. . .
    Do you want something that will only print 6x4 photos, or up to A4 (or even A3)?
    Are you going to print direct from the camera/memory card or via a PC?
    Do you want the ability to print directly onto CDs/DVDs?

On a more general note, all I would add is:-

* don't go for a cheap printer. You'll end up paying more in the long run for the ink cartridges.

* Make sure the printer has separate colour ink cartridges so you only replace the colour that has run out.

* Although more expensive, prints using branded inks and paper will generally last longer than those with 'compatible' ink and paper.

Hope this helps.

3. nemo

nemo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I can recommend the canon ip4000, I bought one a few weeks ago and have to say the quality of the photos it prints are fantastic.

4. Topic

Topic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for printing of 6x4 pictures.
    Printing mainly direct from camera / memory card with maybe occasional hook up to computer for transfer to CD.

I have been looking at the Olympus P10 but cannot find reviews for it. Also the Kodak printer dock V3.

5. Spencem

Spencem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Epson R300, now very cheep on the net.