Photo printer

bob1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I know this as been done before but things move on and prices drop i'm after a printer around the £100 mark.At the mo i have a canon bjc-3000 and its crap i even bought the photo print head for it and thats crap.My main concern is the price of ink so i would prefer the printer to use compatable carts.Any ideas i'm lost as what to get.

Thankyou:)

Just set up and tested the Epson Stylus Photo 830U bought this morning - 'fantastic'

Originally posted by Beejaycee
Just set up and tested the Epson Stylus Photo 830U bought this morning - 'fantastic'

I did look at that printer whats it like with photos ,the 915 looks a good buy and found the colour carts cheap on line.

printed a 10 x 8 on premium glossy photo paper, I can't tell it from a light/chemical photograph

I'm trying to find out what size the 915 is ,can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction.The printer can't be much wider than my canon else it won't fit.

Thanks, oh-no epsons seem far too big:mad:

Max width i can go is 440mm

Oh poo

Thanks keanyboy that looks like the one to go for. Someone at work as just bought a canon same tanks a bit higher up the range but works great.

Next question best place to buy.

The link i gave in my post above, is the cheapest price on price runner. That'll do you mate;)

:smashin:

I sent off for a sample photo from canon using the i560 printer,you can upload a photo to the canon website and they print it on the printer of your choice.Looks like i will be getting the canon i560 ,all i need now is some money:rolleyes:

Gone and done it ,blew the buget(thanks mr visa) got a canon i865 coming next week .I hope i made the right choice:rolleyes:

:boring: still wating and they have the money:mad:

Still waiting ,its safe to say that i will never buy from pc world again.:mad:

bob1...I'm thinking of getting the same printer to use with my digital camera...can you let me know how good it is when you get it (i hope you don't have to wait too much longer!)

Originally posted by mhouston
bob1...I'm thinking of getting the same printer to use with my digital camera...can you let me know how good it is when you get it (i hope you don't have to wait too much longer!)

I will be getting it tuesday ,i will keep you posted.If you go to the canon website you can upload a picture and they will print it on the printer of your choice, i did.

I'm of the firm opinion these days that its cheaper to use online printing such as www.bonusprint.com .

I've a decent £200 photo printer, but just couldn't bring myself to pay the extortionate £50 for new ink.

From my rough calcs I reckon by the time you add cost of printer, refill ink plus decent paper its as cheap to go the online route. Also with a 48hr turnaround it should be fast enough for most.

Just an opinion.....everyone to their own ;)

Got the printer:clap: Well it was worth the wait, print quality is great its quiet and quite fast.Not finished playing yet ,back soon.

Which magazine gave this printer a quality review THIS MONTH and it's more expensive counterpart the 965 got a good review too

The 560 is best on price but the 965 has more features.

Like the idea of seperate tanks for the colours

Currently have Epson 790 Photo - Good photo pictures

But not happy, small plastic cogs have fallen out of it, occasional cranking noises and the printhead has to be constantly cleaned if you have not used it for a while

Also thinking of getting this from Pixmania £93 bargain

Any comments on the 560 appreciated

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom