1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo/Picture CDs (JPEGs)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RWise, May 27, 2003.

1. RWise

RWise
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking in to getting the Philips Jack Rabbit Portable DVD Player/CD Recorder (JR32RWDVK). This player is listed as being Kodak PictureCD/JPEG Image compatible.

Do photos stored on a CDR have to be formatted in any way, ie: size or name of each file? Also can they view photos in folders, or can they only see files in the root of the disc

2. RWise

RWise
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    AFAIK it is not the pictures that need to be formatted in a specific way, but the CD-R.
    From the burning software you need to choose the Photo CD option (instead of music CD etc).
    I don't know but would think that all the photos would need to be in the root directory of the CD to be read. Your best bet would be to read the manual for Nero etc.

Mark.

4. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I use jepgs on my Denon 3800 and I have just written the files to a CDR as I would normal data files (i.e. standard burn of word docs etc). Pretty sure the 3800 uses the same kodak standard as your player

If the player offers a feature to naviagte through folders (like my 3800 - not sure about the one you mention) then you don't have to put all the pics at the root...

Pretty cool feature if you want to show friends/family digital holidays photos or similar on your TV...

JJ

5. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    my dvd player does not allow you to show jpegs burnt directly to cdr or cdrw or have any menu. But I have discovered that if you burn the cdr and choose the vcd1 or vcd2 burn and add the jpegs then you can view them on your dvd player and use the forward button to progress them one by one.

I know that some players can view from cdr directly (ie burning jpegs straight onto the cdr) and have a menu but most are very slow to show the pics apparently

hope this helped

6. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I use vcdeasy from http://www.tucows.com/preview/260392.html to play my burnt photo cd's on my Toshiba sd-510.
    vcdeasy was the only software I found that could play the photo's without having to press skip for each photo, you can set the pause to whatever you like, I use 5 seconds for each photo.
    its best to read the online user guide before attempting to burn a photo cd with this programme.