Photo of new (and cheaper) Sagem Axium HD D45"S"

aemarques

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
this is to show you all an image of the Sagem Axium HD D45S, a cheaper and simpler version of the new HD-D45.
Cosmetically, note that the side speakers are gone - they are now in the base of the set, because this unit does NOT have a subwoofer.
The 45S also has only a one tuner - it will do PiP and PaP but you need a second tuner (from a VHS, DVD recorder or another source with a tuner).
Also, silver is the only colour available - as in the picture.

In Portugal, where the normal HD D45 will sell for 2990 euros, the "S" version will be sold for 2790 euros.

Regards,
Antonio

Attachments

• Axium45s_1.jpg
    Axium45s_1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 919
thanks, i've been waiting for a pic of this. does anyone know the uk release date? i know the non-s version was meant to be released in the first week of Jan but can find no places stocking it. also is the hd45 hd2+? is the current axium hd2+ or hd2? :confused:

n00b said:
thanks, i've been waiting for a pic of this. does anyone know the uk release date? i know the non-s version was meant to be released in the first week of Jan but can find no places stocking it. also is the hd45 hd2+? is the current axium hd2+ or hd2? :confused:

As far as I know, the HD-D50 was (is) based on a HD2 DMD DLP and the HD-D45 has a HD2+ inside. Also, acording to Sagem, the lamp of the D45 is 20% more powerfull - in Eco mode, it offers ths same brightness of the one in the D50.

Another plus is HDCP support in the DVI interface of the new model.

Regards,
Antonio

That picture just looks like a HD D45 to me with the side speakers removed (which are detachable).

Perfect... that's what I'm waiting for. I really don't want side speakers and dual-analogue tuners are a waste of time.... haven't they heard of DVB?

Wonder if/when it will appear in the UK?

Also, I don't need side speakers increasing the overal size of the set when I would mainly use it with an external speaker set up anyway

Salty Seadog said:
That picture just looks like a HD D45 to me with the side speakers removed (which are detachable).

I hope you are not suggesting that this is a fake picture, because it is not. It is an official photo of the D45S that I got from Sagem today, because of an article that I'm writing for a Portuguese home cinema magazine, VIDEO&DVD.

Regards,
Antonio

aemarques said:
I hope you are not suggesting that this is a fake picture, because it is not. It is an official photo of the D45S that I got from Sagem today, because of an article that I'm writing for a Portuguese home cinema magazine, VIDEO&DVD.

Regards,
Antonio

If it's a different set then why are they still insisting on using that hideous 'Foot' design for the onboard speakers? Are you sure it isn’t the same lame looking attached sub found on the D45S simply with its detachable side speakers removed?

Anyhow it’s just my opinion but that speaker/sub/foot (or whatever the hell it is) ruins a great looking TV.

I'll second that. Looks as if the local heavy's have put the boot in or an elephant has sat on it squashing the bottom!!

Salty Seadog said:
If it's a different set then why are they still insisting on using that hideous 'Foot' design for the onboard speakers? Are you sure it isn’t the same lame looking attached sub found on the D45S simply with its detachable side speakers removed?

It IS a different set, based on a normal HD-D45. For the rest, you should ask Sagem, not me!

Hi Antonio,

I don't know if you are aware of the "blurring" issue that is currently being reported with the Toshiba's - I would be interested to see if you find any of the same problems with the new Sagem.

I've sort of got my choices down to the HD-D45 or the Toshiba 46", and hearing these problems being reported on the Tosh, is starting to put me off a bit!

Many thanks.

T.

Does anybody know whether this model will be released in the UK at all?
I'd prefer this to the D45 since I've got a sub on the floor behind the tv stand anyway, and don't need the speakers at the sides either nor an analogue tuner.

A model in black, with a DVB-T tuner and without the sub or side speakers would be ideal...

Antonio, did you test the Y / Pr / Pb (AV5) component HD input at all?
I intend to connect my Xbox to this input and would like to know if the quality is good.

Hi, Antonio,

What about size? is it the same height, width and depth as the other D45 without mounting the speakers?

Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom