1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photo journal

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by seany, Apr 27, 2005.

1. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/bangla-worked.shtml

Great article about a 13 day shoot in Bangladesh

This guy has the dream job. He took 5000 shots in 13 days and came away with 75 that he was happy with. A 1% to 1.5% success rate with his shots is what he aims for. He came away with 75 shots that he he'll publish

(My sucess ratio is usually about 1%, so I'd call this shoot a great success).

That 1% rate gives me some encouragement i think we expect too much of ourselves at times, that guys shot more in 13 days then i have in the last two years and came up with 75 photos that he's proud of.

2. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    It does give me hope to read that I'm not the only one shooting loads of poor shots for every good one.

3. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,735
    So far I've only shot about 495 shots, so there is still plenty of time to get to 75 great ones...

Yippee! There is hope...

4. paulc1

paulc1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    some great pictures, and it's funny how so many images only produce a tiny fraction of useable shots, I suffer from a similar affliction where I take loads of shots and on the cameras lcd screen they look superb, and I can't wait to see them full size on the pc, and then find that the one image that I was excited about and couldn't wait to see, is infact crap, also I noticed how the 70-300mm lens was used most of the time in the journal, and I must say that telephoto pictures are very satisfying, especially when a nice sharp portrait has very lttle depth of field.

5. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,735
    That's actually what I like so much about Adobe Photoshop Element 3. The organiser is fantastic and perfectly suited to my needs compared to some of the others around.
    I love the review and stack function to remove all the clutter from the organiser and be left with only the really good pictures...

6. paulc1

paulc1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    since getting my 1gb flash card, I just put it in the reader and leave it to download the shots, and go off and do something else..I find that the main problem with a large flash card is that it encourages the user to shoot to many pictures, it does with me anyway, 291 pictures of the dog, one must be good, delete, delete, delete, delete..lol.