Photo hosting at Photobucket

Pete Delaney

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just started an account... I didn't realise they now offer free no limit photo accounts:eek:

Flickr is going to be collecting dust from now on:devil:

Pete.

"Woot" - does that include hi-res images then Pete or just unlimited storage ?

...thought they might have at least emailed existing members about it :(

"Woot" - does that include hi-res images then Pete or just unlimited storage ?

...thought they might have at least emailed existing members about it :(

Merry Christmas Jim:thumbsup:

Images up to 1mb and just over 2000 pixels on the long side and around 1500 short side.

More than good enough if you re-size your piccies.

Merry Christmas Jim:thumbsup:

Images up to 1mb and just over 2000 pixels on the long side and around 1500 short side.

More than good enough if you re-size your piccies.

Thanks Pete - hope you're have a great Xmas :thumbsup:

Jim

Ive just moved over to flickr as i noticed my pictures were not so good in photobucket.

Ive just moved over to flickr as i noticed my pictures were not so good in photobucket.

Strange.... my photobucket shots look fine... I think some sites re-size your shots differently and do some sharpening too.

Flickr is good but if you have lots of piccies you'll need a pro account fairly soon. I was taken by the free unlimited shot hosting at photobucket. Fantastic:arty:

Strange one i had only noticed it happening a couple of weeks ago,I shall still be using photobucket but for the pictures i want to keep and maybe print of later ill upload to Flickr aswell.

I had noticed that there is a upload limit with Flickr,Shame.

I had allways wondered why alot of people use Flickr over Photobucket thought it might of been better.

Photobucket info:

Set Your Upload Options
Published 07/06/2011 09:35 AM | Updated 12/21/2011 12:03 PM
How do I change my upload options?

Upload options allow you to choose the pixel size that your images are resized to when you upload them. You can also scramble filenames on upload, and add tags and descriptions after you upload. You cannot upload secret weapons for global domination, however.

The resized images display in your albums and are called "web-size". These are the images you link to and share.

Free accounts: You ONLY have web-size images.
Pro accounts: You have web-size images and your ORIGINAL size images (which may be high resolution). Your account displays the web-size images, and your original image of up to 20MB is saved "behind the scenes", but you can view or download it at any time. See the "Original size images" section in Pro Accounts for details.
You can change your upload options at any time.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom