• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

phono to optical and coaxial digital .

WHITE.AKITA

Standard Member
hi, can i buy a lead that has 2 phono leads on one end and a optical digital connector on the other end ?
i also need a 2 phono to 1 coaxial digital plug.
if i can get these leads will they turn stereo sound from phono to digital sound so i can get 5.1 surround sound from a compatible amplifier ?

MarkTaylor

Prominent Member
This isn't just a lead you are looking for it needs active electronics to handle the Analogue/Digital conversion.

Nothing they can do will magically make the stereo signal turn into a 5.1 signal but some amplifiers can apply processing to the signal to give you a pseudo 5.1 effect and also some sources manage to encode a surround signal into a stereo stream.

I suggest you explain to people what you are trying to connect so you get more useful answers as the cost of a DAC can vary wildly depending on exactly what you need in terms of quality.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom