Question Phono stage for Linn Majik LP12

Magneto2

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi - I have set up my new Linn Majik LP12 through my Arcam rphono, (Chord c-line interconnect) to my Arcam fmj A39 which does sound good. However, when I bypass the rphono and use the Amp phono stage, its hard to notice any difference, or I could argue the mid stage actually sounds better through the Amp directly.
I just wonder if I am missing something with the rphono, or restricting its performance with the interconnects, or maybe the setting are incorrect (currently at 220pf Cap Load and 40db gain).
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What cartridge are you running? If it is the Adikt that come with the latest LP12 Majik then the setting look fine as it is a fairly standard mm setup wise.

Thanks Ugg10 - yes its the Adikt.
just surprises me that there is no audible improvement via the rphono.

Hi - I have set up my new Linn Majik LP12 through my Arcam rphono, (Chord c-line interconnect) to my Arcam fmj A39 which does sound good. However, when I bypass the rphono and use the Amp phono stage, its hard to notice any difference, or I could argue the mid stage actually sounds better through the Amp directly.
I just wonder if I am missing something with the rphono, or restricting its performance with the interconnects, or maybe the setting are incorrect (currently at 220pf Cap Load and 40db gain).
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I really cannot recommend this highly enough. Lovely bit of kit, beautifully transparent and enables you match capacitance perfectly.

Have a look at the Lejonklou Slipsik 7. It’s what I have and it’s exceptional. Running with Linn Black interconnects. The Slipsik is designed especially for the Adikt cartridge, but obviously can be used with other MM’s. If you are UK based you can get one from Hidden Systems as there aren’t many UK based dealers around. c.£1k but might find one second hand if someone is moving on from MM to MC.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom