1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phono cables for SACD & DVD-A connections ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Matthew J Taylo, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Matthew J Taylo

Matthew J Taylo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me, when connecting a SACD & DVD-A player what are the best connectors to use, I'm willing to spend up to £100 quid if needs be?

I could simply buy x3 Qnect 2's (similar - open for to suggestions) or is there an intergrated cable with all connectors encoorporated?

Cheers:D

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't need to spend that much, say £15 to £20 for a pair (so £60 total for three pairs)

Something from Richer Sounds will do. Use a velcro strip to bundle them together.

3. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    what player are you using and with what amp? I'm guessing pioneer 656 in which case QEDs interconnects will be fine (I use 3 pairs of Coppertech Alpha which are great & have the benefit in my mind of being a pair of cables rather than one, which makes things easier to connect). The all in one cable such as the one from Ixos (never tried so I have no idea of it's quality) is a bit neater though but won't improve quality over 3 pairs of identical interconnects

4. Matthew J Taylo

Matthew J Taylo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wilber & Nathan,

Thanks for your replies, just wanting to make sure I'm on the right track & haven't missed anything here.

planning to buy the new Pio 757Ai, Nathan, do you know of any reviews of your cables?

Tar
    Matt:clap:

5. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0