Phone Selling Advice

MysterioX

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to sell my daughters iPhone on somewhere like Music Magpie. It is a blue iPhone 12 128GB

The condition though, would it be poor or worse than that? If you check out the pictures you can see where it has quite a lot of deep scratches etc.

The screen however was replaced at an Apple store a couple of weeks ago under Apple Care.

Music magpie are offering £306 for a poor condition phone but they state for poor condition :

• No major damage (i.e. water damage, chips or cracks to the screen or phone)
  • Heavy wear and tear, such as scuffs, dents and deep scratches
Not sure if this phone is classed as having chips or scratches??

Any advice appreciated thanks

IMG_2688.jpgIMG_2689.jpgIMG_2690.jpgIMG_2691.jpgIMG_2692.jpg

Looks like just medium wear and tear to me (does have a few chips and scratches to the edges) whether they would class these as MAJOR is up to them. I would class it as Grade C, but you know what these companies are like, they usually knock the price down once they receive it, not sure how bad/good M Magpie are tho as not used them.

Heard good things about Vendi, not used them myself but apparently payment is pretty fast if that’s something she’s after. Prepare for a deduction if using MM.

Thanks for the replies, might take it to CEX.

I think the greatest issue I was concerned about was posting it off and something happening to the screen while they were handling it as the screen is brand new and genuine for that matter.

Thanks again for the replies I do appreciate it

Thanks for the heads up, apparently there is one at my local Asda, though I have never seen it I must admit. Will check it out

Well that was ridiculously easy. Valued at good(even though I know its poor) but you never know.

Took it down there, it scanned it for like 5 minutes, gave it a valuation of poor which I was expecting and money in my bank before I even got home!

And what I got was more than I would get at eBay and don't have to pay fees so overall happy with that

Well that was ridiculously easy. Valued at good(even though I know its poor) but you never know.

Took it down there, it scanned it for like 5 minutes, gave it a valuation of poor which I was expecting and money in my bank before I even got home!

And what I got was more than I would get at eBay and don't have to pay fees so overall happy with that
Good to hear. Probably going to do the same myself with a 12 Pro. MM generally seem quite competitive on price and it saves the potential pitfall of entrusting it to Royal Mail / courier.

The price they offered was actually far better than I would have got secondhand and I don't have to deal with hagglers or people offering stupid prices. Was a smooth operation if I'm honest.

I can see there’s a booth in an asda near me but the only choice I’ve got is royal mail or Asda drop off with pack and send

I can see there’s a booth in an asda near me but the only choice I’ve got is royal mail or Asda drop off with pack and send
Are you referring to a 13 Series phone ? No option for the SMARTdrop for the 13s currently.

How much did they give you in the end then?

Was going to say(before I knew about the Asda booth) don’t send it to musicmagpie, as I’ve heard of people sending of brand new looking phones, then when they receive your phone, they tell you there’s scratches etc on the screen and other places, and will therefore give it a c grade.

Glad you had a seem less experience in Asda though.

£306 which is better than I would have got on ebay etc especially considering the sides looked like they had been through a blender. They evaluated it as "poor" condition, which it was really though the screen was brand new having been replaced at Apple under warranty a couple of weeks before.

£306 which is better than I would have got on ebay etc especially considering the sides looked like they had been through a blender. They evaluated it as "poor" condition, which it was really though the screen was brand new having been replaced at Apple under warranty a couple of weeks before.
That’s good then really.

Not tried it myself but according to some bods on the UK thread on Macrumours Forum the Music Magpie SMARTdrop Kiosk's now accept the 13 series phones. Previously it was 12 series and older.

Not tried it myself but according to some bods on the UK thread on Macrumours Forum the Music Magpie SMARTdrop Kiosk's now accept the 13 series phones. Previously it was 12 series and older.
Yeah can now book a trade in for my 13 pro via smartkiosk only issue is they dropped their offer price by £65

My iPhone 12 Pro Max is mint, like brand new. Not a scratch on it, but I use a screen protector and case. Apple quoting me 460 trade-in price. I will try CEX, but I doubt they will match it.

Just locked in a sale price of £427.70 for my 11 pro max 256gb, thought that was quite decent.

Apple offer £550 for a 13 pro max 128gb. Thought that was ok if you want quick no hassle money, but you can get around £200/250 more if you’re patient, and you sell on gumtree etc

Apple offer £550 for a 13 pro max 128gb. Thought that was ok if you want quick no hassle money, but you can get around £200/250 more if you’re patient, and you sell on gumtree etc

You can only get more until the Iphone 14s start to arrive, then the value of the current 13s will go down further as they will not be as desirable, especially when people start selling off the 14s.

So this is the best time to sell if you want to avoid further depreciation.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom