1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phone recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by neenaw, Mar 5, 2005.

1. neenaw

neenaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi, I'm wanting to buy a new phone. I'm not looking for anything fancy but here is what I would like:

colour screen
    camera
    small & light (under 90g)

umm that's about it but long talk and standby times is obviously a plus.

the phones i have been looking at so far are:

sony ericsson k500i
    siemens c65 and cx65
    sharp gx15
    sendo p600

what do you think of these? are there any phones with the specs i want that are cheaper? I'm wanting to get a sim-free pay-as-you-go phone or maybe a networked pay-as-you-go phone that I can unlock.

thanks for any advice offered! :thumbsup:

2. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    I bought the Sony Ericsson K700i recently from the Orange website on Pay-As-You-Go for £140. For the money this is a really good phone. The camera is only 0.3 megapixel but it of a very decent quality. The colour screen is spot on, absolutely no problems with that whatsoever and at least on a par with my old Samsung E700. The phone also has Bluetooth (very useful), GPRS and all the other features you'd expect including a relatively addictive 3D darts game.

On the downside, the battery life isn't the best but it isn't as bad as some people make out. With normal usage I can get 4 or 5 days out of it before it needs charging and it only takes around 90 minutes for a full charge.

3. neenaw

neenaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    hi there, thanks for your reply. i'm really not wanting to spend that much - more like half that amount!

i'm looking at the sony ericsson f500i now. it's only £70 on vodaphone pay as you go. if i got this phone could i get it unlocked and put my own (non vodaphone) sim card in it?