Phone recommendations?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by neenaw, Mar 5, 2005.

1. neenaw

neenaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi, I'm wanting to buy a new phone. I'm not looking for anything fancy but here is what I would like:

colour screen
    camera
    small & light (under 90g)

umm that's about it but long talk and standby times is obviously a plus.

the phones i have been looking at so far are:

sony ericsson k500i
    siemens c65 and cx65
    sharp gx15
    sendo p600

what do you think of these? are there any phones with the specs i want that are cheaper? I'm wanting to get a sim-free pay-as-you-go phone or maybe a networked pay-as-you-go phone that I can unlock.

thanks for any advice offered! :thumbsup:

2. AgentCool

AgentCool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +184
    I bought the Sony Ericsson K700i recently from the Orange website on Pay-As-You-Go for £140. For the money this is a really good phone. The camera is only 0.3 megapixel but it of a very decent quality. The colour screen is spot on, absolutely no problems with that whatsoever and at least on a par with my old Samsung E700. The phone also has Bluetooth (very useful), GPRS and all the other features you'd expect including a relatively addictive 3D darts game.

On the downside, the battery life isn't the best but it isn't as bad as some people make out. With normal usage I can get 4 or 5 days out of it before it needs charging and it only takes around 90 minutes for a full charge.

3. neenaw

neenaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    hi there, thanks for your reply. i'm really not wanting to spend that much - more like half that amount!

i'm looking at the sony ericsson f500i now. it's only £70 on vodaphone pay as you go. if i got this phone could i get it unlocked and put my own (non vodaphone) sim card in it?