Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Phone recommendation please

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Nick55, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Nick55

Nick55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I currently have a Nokia 6310i which I would like to update. Previous phones were Sony Eriksson T68i (which I hated) & Nokia 6110 which was great. I bought the 6310i because I got irritated with the stupid delay when ending a call on the T68i. Bluetooth doesn't seem to work too well on my 6310i, even though I have updated the firmware. I use a BT headset when in the car.

I'd like a phone that I can receive email & possibly MSN Messenger would be useful for me. I like the look of the Moto V3, but I'm not sure how good the phonebook is. The V3 appears to have some type of messenger facility. I like on my 6310i how I can search the phonebook & make a call with only about 3 clicks. I also like the look of the Moto Smartphone MPX200, but it doesn't seem to have Bluetooth. The Smartphone idea looks good to me as the Outlook sync would be useful & it also has Messenger, But no Bluetooth is crazy!

Coverage in my local area means I can only consider Vodafone & T-Mobile. GPRS is patchy but ok.

2. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    the phonebook is one of the best there is.......and yes, you can group multiple numbers/email under one contact.
    unlike the others, yiou can store all your numbers/email for each and every contact on the sim if you choose. you can also have unlimited numbers/email for each contact. has group texts/email.

it has chat and IM.

voice record ;)

the bluetooth on the v3 is one of the very best. it is 100m. also, if you break the connection at somepoint, the v3 stores an instance of that pairing and will try to reconnect. theres no need to re-search for the device again.

hope this helps

3. Nick55

Nick55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply.

Can you tell me more about the IM facility? Would it work with pc contacts who use MS Windows Messenger?

4. ramseyculdesac

ramseyculdesac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

ARE YOU WANTING TO KEEP WITH NOKIA, COZ THEY ARE BRINGING OUT A SMART NEW PDA STYLE PHONE SOON.

5. yaserk99

yaserk99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If i were you mate i would personally go for the V3 which you have been explained to about or i would go for the new Nokia 7710 or the Motorola MPX220. This is the new updated version of the MPX200, it has added features such as a 1.3 MP camera with flash, bluetooth, and updated windows mobile operating system, and being a motorola - like a nokia- you can put the email address, phone number etc under one contact. hope this helps ya mate. cheers.

6. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Nick, consider the T-Mobile SDA, same hardware as the Orange SPV C500 but with a different look. It has all the features you're looking for.

7. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10

The SPV c500 does have bluetooth, a decent battery life (unlike earlier SPVs) and the things you've pointed out like msn messenger.

8. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Which is what I use, except the OP is restricted to Vodafone or T-Mobile, hence my reply :)

9. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    don't know - never used it :). its there just in case i want to though.

10. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10

Whoops, missed that sorry. Yes, I heard about the T-Mobile SDA, sounds just as good.

11. ramseyculdesac

ramseyculdesac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

sounds like the 7710 has alot of the same features as the motorola. Anything which distinguises one from another?