phone line on second box

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by colincook5, Mar 22, 2003.

Tags:
  1. colincook5

colincook5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just had sky+ installed and old box moved to the conservatory.Engineer did`nt connect the old box to the phone line,he said it was not necessary,i thought it was.am i wright or wrong?
    thanks
    Colin.

2. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i believe it is, especially if you have a mirror card

sky use the phone line to check up on you

big brother is watching

aparently if the phone line is not connected you will get a letter in the post in the near future

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    If you have the mirror subscription then both digiboxes have to be connected to the same working phone line.
    If the digibox is only using a FTV smartcard and is outside the 12 month contract then no phone line is required.

4. Mouth on Legs

Mouth on Legs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a second subscription and both lines connected. Sky kept sending me letters saying that both boxes were not connected to the same line and I kept arguing they were. I blew my stack at them finally hen they sneaked a "equipment Clawback" on my bill for £6ish

It turned out that because I have caller ID permanently with held from my telephone number they could not verify they were both on the same line.

I also argued that as this was their fault they should pay for all the phone calls I had to make to them and they a credited my account for the call,

Don't give the buggers anything, I hate them just have no choice