phone got wet now wont work will i loose all my numbers on my simm?

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
my mobile got wet playing (golf in the rain) now it will turn on but keypad has stopped working i tried drying it out but to no avail. realized Ive got everybody's number in my phone and now its getting texts but cant read or ring anybody will my sim be fried?

RobM

Distinguished Member
The SIM itself will probably be fine, there isn't a great deal to it that can get damaged. Chances are it's the phone itself that's got a problem.

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
phew was worried i had lost everyboodies number. will pop into town tomorrow and get a cheap replacement. is therea anyway to back up from a mobile?

RobM

Distinguished Member
It depends on the mobile. Most manufacturers have some form of PC software that allows you to synchronise your phone with your computer, usually to software such as Outlook.

madhouse

one point to make though - are your numbers really stored on the SIM card?

Most modern phones that offer the option to store mutiple numbers per contact, email and address etc. store this data on the phone! Most older type SIM cards can't store data in this way - so for example if you were to copy your contact data from the phone memory to the SIM card then each number would be an individual entry.

If this is the case for you then ideally the phone would work at least once to be able to export the data.

Simon

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
most are on the sim only a few 7 or 8 on the actual mobile becuase like you say putting them on the sim will only let me store name and number not much else glad i did put them on the sim now instead of the mobile

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom