Phone call from Sky?

Smartin

Established Member
Reaction score
I tend to deal with Sky through their chat facility and recently put in a notice to cancel my Sky HD package.

After a few days I had already accepted a much cheaper offer, again through chat, but a couple of days after received a call from Sky. I wasn't 100% sure it was Sky calling and when it got to the security/verification part of the call they wanted to know the full password on the account.

Whenever I have used the chat facility they only ever ask for two letters from the password and to not supply the full password so I thought it might not be Sky on the call and ended it.

Is it normal for Sky to ask for the full password when they call?

I normally get asked for my full password when I ring them.

How did you handle the call from that point?

I told them I wasn't happy supplying the full password as I wasn't convinced it was sky calling, based on my experience with their chat service only ever asking for 2 characters from the password. That was then how the call ended.

I'm waiting for the next bill to turn up now as the reduced price was not showing correctly for future bills but they kept assuring me that they knew about it and it would get sorted for the next billing cycle.

Next bill is due tomorrow, so will see if they were telling the truth!

Pretty sure they've always asked me for my full password.

If I'm ever dubious about the authenticity of someone calling, I ask the a security question myself, for example "what was the exact amount of my last bill?".

If they're legitimate they should have no problem giving you the answer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom