Phone call by Labour

logiciel

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Just had an odd experience.
Phone call from a pleasant sounding man.
Said he was checking on postal vote.
I sent mine Monday and told him so.
All very nice until the throwaway line.
Had I voted Labour?
Of course replied that I wouldn't tell him.
Call continued to agreeable conclusion.
Then the questions, starting with how he'd even got my number!

Now have had three calls from the same number - two unanswered.

btw - Much the most detailed election material was from UKIP, the others tiny single sheets.

Last edited:
I got a letter from the Liberals.

So did I - supposedly hand-written, and addressed to a name that I never use!

So did I - supposedly hand-written, and addressed to a name that I never use!
Harrisson Von Klinkerhoffen? That's a name I never use. Well, except for just then... So I suppose I won't be getting a letter from the LibDems in that name now, which is kind of a shame...

only party that got in touch with me were the Greens. As they took the trouble i shall vote for them

Which of their policies do you support?

think I could go along with most of that ,I never said the EU doesnt need reforming , it clearly does.I just doing support the UKIP position and the Tory line seems disingenuous at best

Renegotiate with the EU and if not possible then give people a choice?
:confused:

We had a leaflet from every party in the area. The wife even had a letter from the lib dems asking us to vote for them.... Unfortunately it arrived on the 23rd :laugh:

To the OP IIRC, it is illegal to divulge your vote anyway is it not?

The wife even had a letter from the lib dems asking us to vote for them.... Unfortunately it arrived on the 23rd :laugh:

Pretty much sums up the Limp Dims right now!

I was a little puzzled on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning with news reports saying that the government was warning people not to take Selfies in the polling booths. The justification was not that you couldn't take cameras into the polling station but that it was an offence to reveal to someone else how you had voted.

How can that be. For all my voting life there have been people, representing parties and research organisations, outside polling stations asking people how they voted. It is used to create Exit Polls so how on earth can a selfie be deemed at offence for that reason.

Cheers,

Nigel

How can that be. For all my voting life there have been people, representing parties and research organisations, outside polling stations asking people how they voted. It is used to create Exit Polls so how on earth can a selfie be deemed at offence for that reason.

Cheers,

Nigel
I think the difference is you can still lie in a poll as to how you voted. So your actual vote will still be a secret. If you have taken a photo and the paper is visible with your cross on it then it isn't a secret.

Representation of the People Act 1983

I thought it was about capturing someone elses vote?

I was a little puzzled on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning with news reports saying that the government was warning people not to take Selfies in the polling booths. The justification was not that you couldn't take cameras into the polling station but that it was an offence to reveal to someone else how you had voted

No, it,s only an offence to reveal how someone else voted. You can tell anyone you .like how you voted. But they can't pass that information on. I doubt if there have been any prosecutions though. But it seems a fair enough law to prevent possible intimidation.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom