• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Phone blocked help?

joni944

I downloaded an app where you have to draw a pattern to unlock the phone and yesturday i sat on the phone and it now says that i have to enter a gmail email and password?
I called customer services and they told me to creat a new gmail account and enter it, so i did and it doesnt work
Not sure what to do as i was never told to enter any details when i downloaded it and i didnt think it could get blocked from thisn app
All help will be very much appreciated as i cant use the phone at all.
THANKS.

ROBIN50N

I downloaded an app where you have to draw a pattern to unlock the phone and yesturday i sat on the phone and it now says that i have to enter a gmail email and password?
I called customer services and they told me to creat a new gmail account and enter it, so i did and it doesnt work
Not sure what to do as i was never told to enter any details when i downloaded it and i didnt think it could get blocked from thisn app
All help will be very much appreciated as i cant use the phone at all.
THANKS.
what phone? if its an android fone i dont know why you downloaded an lockscreen pattern app as its there as standard. also you must have linked it to a gmail account in order to download from the market, unless you got that fone off somone else with there details already in.

joni944

When i got the phone i skipped the set up and android was already on the phone so i never used any email or password or anything
Please help?

ROBIN50N

well somthings not right then. also the pattern lock screen is not an app its already on the phones. this is your android phone? if so just create a gmail account no probs:thumbsup:

Merago

There's definitely something not right there. It sounds as though you're linking the GMail username and password problem to the screen lock app, so let's try removing it first. First off, boot the phone in Safe Mode, to do this-

Take the battery out of the phone and leave it out for a minute or so
Replace the battery and, with the hard Menu key depressed, power up the phone - Keep the Menu button down until the phone has finished booting up all it's stuff in the background and you should see the words "Safe Mode" in the bottom left of the screen. It should hopefully boot in to Safe Mode without the screen lock app running, so you can then uninstall it (From one of the home-screens, tap the hard Menu button, then choose Settings and tap Applications. From the Applications menu, choose Manage Applications and you'll see a list of apps you have installed. Tap the app you want to uninstall and then choose Uninstall). Once you've uninstalled it, reboot and see if you're problem has been resolved.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom