Question Phone battery drains very quickly

CarterUSM

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

I own a Wileyfox Swift smartphone (Android OS). After a few issues which have now been resolved (primarily relating to the upgrade to the latest version of Android), the phone is now working without any problems, with the exception of battery usage.

I have found that even with the battery in power saving mode, it is drained within 2 days (and often less) of a full recharge. Having just checked the current battery status, it’s 59% charged but seemingly with only 3 hours’ usage left. This implies that for every hour the phone is on, the battery charge is reduced by 20%. Surely this is too high a rate – it implies that the memory will be drained after only 5 hours?

Some of the current settings are as follows:

Wifi on; Bluetooth on; Mobile data on; Mobile data not set; Location services on

Could this be a problem which is specific to my actual physical phone, or the brand? If not, are there any steps which I could take to reduce this drain on the battery (e.g. by removing any unnecessary apps, although as it is I don’t have that many installed)? For example, I understand that location services consume a considerable amount of power; is this correct?

Finally – is this rate of battery drainage normal, and only to be expected for most smartphones nowadays? If not, I may have to consider buying a less power-hungry model…..

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Welcome to the forum
I have found that even with the battery in power saving mode, it is drained within 2 days (and often less) of a full recharge.
Having just checked the current battery status, it’s 59% charged but seemingly with only 3 hours’ usage left. This implies that for every hour the phone is on, the battery charge is reduced by 20%. Surely this is too high a rate – it implies that the memory will be drained after only 5 hours?
So is it two days or five hours?
Some of the current settings are as follows:

Wifi on; Bluetooth on; Mobile data on; Mobile data not set; Location services on
What are your expectations of battery life duration?

We've had a couple of wileyfox swift phones here and found that after 18 months of life, the battery usable operating range dropped off a cliff. It was running for a matter of hours and very quickly got to the point that it refused to accept a charge at all. Sadly, replacement batteries are no longer available.

If you don't need wi-fi when out and about, I'd suggest turning it off
My three year old Samsung tablet was running out battery too quickly
and someone suggested to try turning off wi-fi when not needed
Worked a treat, battery lasts for ages now
Worth a try

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom