Phone advice

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by MartinJol, Sep 16, 2007.

1. MartinJol

MartinJol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm.. A list of mobile phone related questions. Any help on any of these questions greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Currently:
    SE K700i on Orange PAYG.
    £10 top up a month gets me 300 free texts the following month.
    Mainly use texts, occasional calls, and about 25-30% of credit on web browsing.
    In the last 12 months have spent approx. £180 on credit, but during the first 4-5 months was buying java games quite a lot (now download them free from internet!).
    Happy enough with the service as no problems to date.
    Joystick starting to cause problems occasionally - don't think it's broken just a bit temperamental.

Questions:

1. I did think that the K700 was broken so looked at potential upgrades. Only really looked at newer models in the SE line.
    a) Can get the K800i for £90 sim-free. Is this a good deal?
    b) Are there any alternatives to K800 that I should consider (especially as one of my friends as just bought one and I don't want to be accused of being a sheep!)

2. Should I sit tight and wait a little longer before looking to buy? I know that a K850 will be released in early October, and whilst this will almost certainly be out of my price range, will it reduce costs of other phones (i.e. K800) as it supercedes them?

3. Going to Warwick uni in about 2 weeks time. Are there any reception issues with any networks in the Warwick/Coventry/Leamington area?

4. Should I consider cashback contract deals? I know the savings can be huge, but I am slightly suspicious, especially after dial-a-mobile (?) went bust within the last couple of weeks and so many angry people on local news.

Thankyou for any help.

2. SeanMc172

SeanMc172
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    If you are spending a lot of money on web browsing and Java games why dont you opt for a contract phone with 3.
    They offer contracts where they give you £5 worth of free downloads i normally get 1-2 games a month.Free MSN,aswell as 25 picture messages, 25 video minutes, so many txts and minutes depending how much you want to spend.

Think if you order from there website they will throw in a 512mb memory card with any of there phones you can get the new silver k800i or N73 which you get 6 months half price.

http://threestore.three.co.uk/planoffers.aspx?tariffid=530

Hey if you are interested let me no pm me and if i recommend you we both get £30 credit free. If not no worries but one to consider.

3. MartinJol

MartinJol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.

I'll bear that offer in mind if I decide to take up 3, although at the moment I am still thinking I will probably stick to PAYG.