Philps OLED 806 out of sync with HW-Q90R

Ritchie1972

Novice Member
Since i bought the Philips OLED 806 55 inch TV, i have always a problem with my Samsung HW-Q90R soundbar.

The soundbar is connected with a HDMI 2.0b cable on the ARC, connected to the HDMI 2 eARC 4K 120Hz.

When i switch on the TV, the soundbar detects eARC on the soundbar display.

And now the problem:

When i have selected in the audio menu of the TV "Multichannel" everyting works perfect, no problems etc.

But.. when i select in the audio menu of the TV "Multichannel (bypass) the audio is out of sync, and cant correct it with the soundbar.

The most strange thing is, when i switch from "Multichannel" (good) -> "Multichanne" bypass (bad), its perfect !!!!! but when i switch to another channel and back, the is back out of sync

When i set it back to "Multichannel" its al in sync again.

The TV and the soundbar have the latest firmware installed.

Drdense

Which firmware, there is a thread on here with the newer android 11 firmware (not listed on the philips site or OTA.)

Ritchie1972

Novice Member
Which firmware, there is a thread on here with the newer android 11 firmware (not listed on the philips site or OTA.)
When I'm home. I gonna check.
Is that safe to use the "newer" firmware ?
And can i always go back to the current firmware?

Drdense

Well I got it directly from philips without any warnings and have not had any issues with it. Check the thread, a number of people are using it.

Ritchie1972

Novice Member
Well I got it directly from philips without any warnings and have not had any issues with it. Check the thread, a number of people are using it.

Can i always go back to the previous version ? i have still the orignal file on my pc

HAM5ter84

I'd raise a ticket with Philips as there seems to be a few e - arc and arc issues in both your original and the new firmware , which need highlighting for them to sort. I have a Yamaha ysp-1600, which does have a lip sync option on it in the menu options. It has had a few firmware upgrades over the yrs, so whilst you say latest firmware is that for the soundbar too. Might be worth checking out if it's firmware is up to date and refresh with the latest if you can , as it may have been something the soundbar manufacturer has fixed.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom