1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phillips ugo s-lite

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TEDDYKILLER, Jun 10, 2002.

1. TEDDYKILLER

TEDDYKILLER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello peps

iam just in the process of having my sharp lcd projector replaced by my insurance company.
    and they are replacing it with a phillips ugo s-lite.
    has anyone seen one of these in action or knows anything about them??
    please if anyone knows reply as i may be able to swop for another projector :)

cheers
    teddykiller

2. skimber

skimber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the beginning of this year I had been waiting for one for 5 months, then the Panasonic AE100 came out so i cancelled and got one of those instead.... MUCH better that the philips IMO.

- The AE100 is true 16:9 so if it's mainly for movies it's the one to go for in that price range...

- Bulbs for the s-lite last 1000 hours and cost a few hundred quid. bulb life in the panasonic is 5000 hours on low power mode and replacements are now less than £150 i think... 5 times the life for half the price!!

- the s-lite is a DLP projector and one that is prone to the annoying "rainbow effect" (do a search for more info on this!).

hope this helps!