1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phillips tv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jb 1, Aug 11, 2002.

1. jb 1

jb 1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a phillips 32 widescreen tv cool silver model,what i want to know is can you adjust the tuner in anyway???for higher and lower frequencies.
    the reason i ask is i am a catv engineer and at present i can obtain 10 channels free without a decoder but i know if i could take the tuner higher or lower i would get more channels but as you know the tuner stops at a certain point so the question is can you re'programe the tuner??????

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Service menu?

3. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Philips seem to use specific models of tuners for different markets (with two or three general models), so it is probably controlled by the tuner's own firmware. This probably has to do with regulations. You cannot change anything in the service menus but the tuner model, but I think that is more likely to mess the set up...

4. jb 1

jb 1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how do you access it????

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If Zacabeb says you can't alter it in the Service Menu, then he will be right.

But just so you don't say I'm not helpful...

Try pressing 0 6 2 5 9 6 MENU on the remote (easier if you put TV in standby first). To exit service menu, put TV back into standby. (If that sequence doesn't work, search the forum for another Philips service menu sequence).

Needless to say, you enter the service menu at your own risk and if you do change anything, write down all the original values first.

6. jb 1

jb 1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you are very helpfull
    thank you