Phillips service menu

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by arn, Mar 8, 2006.

1. arn

arn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    In the service menu/service options there is an option for PIP/Dual screen which is set to off, if i set this to on would i get picture in picture or is it only certain models? btw mine is a 32" 9308 model

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    If it's set to "off" it's because that particular model doesn't have the hardware to do that function usually.

3. arn

arn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks JayCee

Is there a guide anywhere to learn what's safe and what's not. don't want to mess with anything i don't understand :rolleyes:

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,572
    If you've already been in the service menu you may have noticed some "options"...opt1, opt2 etc.
    On Philips models there is usually a white sticker stuck to the rear of the crt glass with the options settings printed on it which that particular model should be set to...if you change any of these incorrectly the set may fail to start...so you can see how important it is not to muck around.

5. string

string

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think my Philips has got a geometry problem.
    I have the tilt in the setup menu set so the bottom of the picture is aligned with the bottom of the screen. I find this is the best option as most graphics tend to be at the bottom of the screen. The top is pretty much okay but the top-middle/centre runs down towards the left side. Bottom right corner runs down slightly also.
    The setup is fine (not too annoying) and only really noticeable when some graphics and the sky guide is on screen.

Would it be possible for someone to post detailed step-by-step instructions so that the screen could be adjusted from the service menu?

I like most users would be too scared to go near the service menu unless we had detailed instructions(key press by key press) and I would not even try unless I had such instructions.
    I'm sure this would be appreciated by many Philips owners.