Phillips samsung comparison

GreenEagle

Standard Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or comapred the Philips 26PF5520D to the Samsung LE26R41BD. I am really stumped as to which to choose and the price is right for both of them for me. Would really like to get one of this on saturday.

The only reason stopping me for going for the Phillips is that it has no HDMI interface although it does have DVI. Any reviews will be appreciated

im also in the same posision ie i cant decide wich one to buy!!!

bump

Im also in same position, bought a philips 23 4 months ago saying it was hd tv ready! wasnt! I think its best to go to comet or currys and spend time there, samsung has that tearing issue, if only they would sort it out, i would buy 2 !!
Matt :devil:

Get the Philips. The Samsung sets have so many issues with them. DVI is as good as HDMI anyway.

Personally seeing both of these setup with a HD source i thought the Philips looked awful next to the Samsung, blacks were bad and the detail was really lacking. This could be partly down to setup though... but they did look very different quality wise.

Lyris said:
Get the Philips. The Samsung sets have so many issues with them. DVI is as good as HDMI anyway.

Tut Tut Lyris!! ;)

DVI does not necessarily support HDCP like I believe HDMI...also HDMI carries audio (though most with a Home Cinema sound setup would not need it)....DVI does not...

For the majority of owners though....DVI and HDMI would mean little difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom