phillips R610 running motor

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Woody Bidford, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Woody Bidford

Woody Bidford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, about 4 months ago i bought a phillips R610 to replace my broken 880 (i know wot a mug to buy phillips again!) anyhow. The 610 now continues to run on every few minutes when on standby. originally when this first happened i set it on 'eco' so that the clock wasn't displayed and it was quiet when on standby. now it has started to whirr for about 10 seconds then go quiet. this is really annoying especially if you are watching something on the tv and it's a quiet moment. has anyone else had this problem? can it be sorted? or is it something that I have to put up with? (i hope not)

Will i never learn!! . . . . Doh!

2. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    IIRC a firmware upgrade will cure the intermittent standby fan problem. Check the Philips site for details and the firmware itself.

3. Woody Bidford

Woody Bidford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the advice musukebba. I will try the phillips site for the firmware upgrade. :)

4. nic@highgroundd

nic@highgroundd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Regarding the trusty 610, has anybody a remedy for the horrific audio drifting with commercial DVD's?

We managed to eradicate the timer problem, the erratic clock and are only left with the random power-on (yes, the machine power itself up daily) and the woeful out-of-sync audio through coaxial whilst watching films.

Other than that I'd recommend this machine.

Dug