1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phillips pronto

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by grahamricho, Feb 4, 2002.

1. grahamricho

grahamricho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    i,ve just ordered a phillips pronto from richer sounds,what else do i need to set it up?do i need any cables so i can plug it into my pc also what size batteries does it take aaa or aa,also how long is the delivery times from richer sounds? thanks

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have the batteries as i have the rechargeable unit.

The pronto will come with the cable but the software will be out of date. You will need to download the latest version, making sure you get the right one for your model.

3. sparrow-07

sparrow-07

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I recently bought a pronto from Richer Sounds. I ordered it at 6 p.m. on a Tuesday and received it on the Friday, delivered by courier.

It comes with , and uses, 4 AA batteries, and the software in my unit was actually a more recent version than the web-site. I think it says on the web-site that you may be sold one with more recent version than the web-site! I didn't quite understand it.

You will have to download Pronto-edit from the web-site, and then have a few days off work to mess around with it.

Good luck.

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    How long do the batteries last in 'normal' use?

Will it take normal AA Alkaline batteries?

Is it worth getting the docking station as I can get normal (Duracell) alk batteries for free.

If or when the batteries do run out do you have upload the saved config file to restore it?

TIA

5. Spencem

Spencem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I don't know how long the batteries will last, I've had mine for about a month and they are still fine.

Normal AA are what it takes, if you can get these for free then I cannot think of any reason to get the docking station. I'm waiting to see how long mine last before I decide if £40 is worth it!

If the manual is correct all the config is safe no matter how long the batteries are out of it, I've not seen anything here or on remotecentral to contradict this.

6. bobones

bobones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Depends how frequently you use the backlight. If always on, less than 2 weeks, else around 1-2 months.
    Yes, 4 of them.
    Probably not. I use Nickel Metal Hydride rechargable batteries which are much cheaper than the docking station.
    No.