Phillips Pronto Software

Zalochi

Novice Member
I was looking at a cheap Phillips Pronto on eBay. I know they are older,so I looked to see if software is available still and can't find any. Does anyone know where I can download the software

wiz

Distinguished Member
Have a look at remote central.com

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Yes download from remote central however be careful as some of the software doesn't play ball with newer windows version and there is a lack of driver support.

I still use it but have keep a Windows 7 build for it as a Windows 7 VM didn't work either.

stoobie

I update mine on an XP 32 bit virtual machine in my Windows 10 PC. Definitely won't work on 64 bit machines.

Stoobie

RayP

I was looking at a cheap Phillips Pronto on eBay. I know they are older,so I looked to see if software is available still and can't find any. Does anyone know where I can download the software
Honestly, don’t bother. I switched from a Pronto to a Harmony Elite 18 months ago and it’s great. A fraction of the effort to get it running and you can use the Windows app or an Android / Apple app to set it up.

Philips were a disgrace not updating the drivers for 64-bit considering how much these remotes cost.

cinemesk

Standard Member
You can actually get Prontoedit working fine on Windows 10 64 bit.
Run the install in compatibility mode as XP service pack 3.
Then once the install completes right click the icon and go to properties.
Untick the compatability box and it runs perfectly. Just did this to add my Panasonic Uhd player to my 960 remote. All works fine.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
@cinemesk The 960 is the older NG series of remotes. The last models were the 9400/9600 and the massive 9800 which all required ProntoEditPro which is a different application.

I definitely had to resort to a VM, the software itself runs on Windows 10 but the drivers for connecting the remote won't work in my experience.

I've also still got a couple of the colour versions of your 960 which uses the same PE software as yours and that indeed could be fiddled with to work, sadly not the case with PEP

cinemesk

Standard Member
OK Jamie. I will download the ProntoeditPro and have a play on Windows 10 and reply with any positive results I have.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom