• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Phillips Prestigo SRU 8112 won't learn some devices

ChopperCharles

Standard Member
I can't get my brand new remote to work with two devices:

My Harman Kardon AVR-230 surround receiver, and my Pioneer CLD-D503 Laserdisc player. The remote looks like it learns codes from the Harman Kardon remote properly, but when I try and use the remote, none of the buttons do anything. The weird thing is if I use the first Harman Kardon code in the setup, I get working power on and volume control, but none of the other buttons do anything. (Kind of useless not to be able to change inputs).

BUT, if I try and set two different buttons to volume up/down using the learning feature, those buttons don't work at all. I've tried quick presses, I've tried holding the key down, nothing works.

For the LD player, the remote has a very difficult time learning codes from the original remote, and none of them work at all even when they do take. I tried this with two different Pioneer remotes for two different LD players (the remotes can control either player, Pioneer is good like that).

Note that I'm not doing it wrong. I used the learning feature to set up every button on my Toshiba HD-DVD player, because the code wasn't in the remote. I also added the special functions from my TV as well as all the functions from my Sony SACD changer. All those programmed fine. Even the dinky chinese knock-off ipod dock (modified internally to bypass audio circutry and pass line-out directly to the RCA jacks) was easily learned.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Charles.

logiciel

A Laserdisc player might not use standard InfraRed for its remote control.

nvingo

Distinguished Member
...For the LD player, the remote has a very difficult time learning codes from the original remote, and none of them work at all even when they do take. I tried this with two different Pioneer remotes for two different LD players (the remotes can control either player, Pioneer is good like that)...
My SRU8015 had of course the codes for Philips LD (CD-V) players inbuilt.
Have you tried a code search in the DVD players and recorders categories?

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom