Phillips PET 700 portable dvd player

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by happychappy, Nov 30, 2004.

1. happychappy

happychappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hi all

Has anyone any experience of the above mentioned portable dvd player? is it any good? seems to be fully loaded and quite cheap (the children have been good - but not good enough to stretch to a panasonic portable!)
    The main concern is the multi - region capability - or perhaps lack of it? is it possible by a hack or is it a firmware upgrade?

Thanks for any advice - two kids christmas presents rest on this one - not trying to put the guilt trip on any one though....think Shrek 2 - sad eyed puss in boots!!

keep happy :thumbsup:

2. happychappy

happychappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hooray...

I have found a hack over on Amazon, however I have been told by the retailer that some Phillips D.V.D players are liable to lock up after a few uses if you have hacked them, so...if I were to set it to region "0" will I be able to play reg 1 D.V.D s ? even R.C.E variants? and of course keep playing them without blowing myself up! (they do love to use scare tactics these reatailers dont they)

Have a happychappy :D christmas

3. godi32

godi32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. the_sanguine

the_sanguine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I was looking at the Orbit 768S for my son. It has games on it too.....and you had plug a PS2 into it.

For playing DVDs, is a DVD player any better than a laptop?