1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillips or Panasonic?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by davidcotton, Mar 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. davidcotton

davidcotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi

Well I'm nearly at the buying stage for a 24" widescreen now. After much umming and ahhing I HAD settled on the Panasonic 24" model. I'd discounted the sony (too big by 5 cms dammit!) and the tosh (too many unreliablity probs reported here) so settled on the panny at £449. However when in town on saturday I came across the £300 Phillips 24" set. Anyone got one of these? If so how do they rate? Also is there a reason why sets like the sony and Panasonic are about £150 on average more than either the phillips or tosh? I realise I could get either set cheaper on the net, but want to shop locally to save on hassles with delivery/returns etc.

Any other opinions gratefully recieved!

2. Niburu

Niburu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I can't comment too much on the 24" sets but I know the Philips 32" widescreen TV's are pretty good value for money. They generally have a better picture than the Sony's but thats just my opinion.
    If you are buying from a shop locally, then you have the luxery of seeing these sets in action, which is the best way to judge. I would personally prefer the Panasonic to Philips/Sony/Toshiba but only if there is a difference. I got a Philips TV because the Panasonic was more expensive and not as good. I stand by my choice.

3. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    I've owned both Phillips and Panny w/screen sets in the recent past and imo the Panasonic is superior in terms of pq and reliability. Can't comment on the particular sets you have in mind, you need to see them side by side with the same source material then make up your mind!

ALI