Phillips on digital tuning problem

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Bush5, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Bush5

Bush5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I have an old Phillips On Digital box that is tune into the old stations. I can recieve BBC1/2, ITV1/2, 4 and 5, but not the other freeview chanels. If I try 'auto update' it comes back with an error message. If I try searching for new chanels it stops halfway and will not save.

How can I update this box and get it to work properly? The signal appears strong with clear pictures on all the chanels I am recieving at the moment.

Any suggestions please?

2. peggle

peggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Philips no longer support this box. No updated S/W is available, hence the message.

Find the Mux channel No's here :-http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/tv_transmitters/tv_digit_full.shtml

Then check the signal strength for each Mux by MENU,7,1.

Give the channel search time at least 15 minutes. If still no go try ADD CHANNELS MENU,5,3.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,451
    If you still have the old OnDigital/ITVDigital card in the cam slot then remove it as this is no longer required and has caused problems for some people when trying to add/update their channels.

Mark.