• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Phillips LCD PF5520.

K

Kieran p

I recently purchased the 37 inch Phillips LCD PF5520. The picture is reasonable but not what I expected and different from the display in the store. Not too good watching the Footie. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can improve the picture. I 'm using Sky.

Not specific to this model of TV, but have you lowered the Sharpness to its lowest value?

Also for the Philips stuff, have you tried turning off any additional image processing (Pixel Plus, etc).

K

Kieran p

Thanks for the suggestions . Will try and let you know.Do you know if it is possible to connect my sky to the DVI socket on the television. I'm new to all this new tech.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the suggestions . Will try and let you know.Do you know if it is possible to connect my sky to the DVI socket on the television
Not currently, and not without spending a lot more money. If you really, really wanted to improve the quality of the Sky picture you could buy a scaler which would plug in to the DVI socket but this is typically really, really expensive.

Sky HD will plug into your DVI (or HDMI) socket. Right now, SCART set to RGB mode is the best way to hook up a normal Sky decoder.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom