• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

phillips lcd optimal settings,please read.

M

mike32pf9966/79

hi i just joined these forums and love the fact that there are people as obsessed with these things as i am, any way i have a little problem, i bought a 32 inch phillips lcd its the 32pf9966/79 anyway i reallize that this tv is pretty old compared to some of the tvs you guys have but i still think it has great potential if i could get the picture settings perfect,i appreciate the 2 guys that replied to my earlier posts and have used there advice and tried those settings which are good but i still think this tv can do better,anyway the posts regarding my specific tv are non existent on this forum but im sure that there are some of you hardcore perfectionists with similar models that could help me out allso i need a complete list of optimol settings wich include ambilight settings active control digital settings and all the other ones, allso i forgot to mention that i live in perth australia and we are expecting the release of the xbox360 here soon in just 18 days march 23 so i would appreciate some advice on settings for that aswell, sorry for the long message and thanks in advance,miki.

ps,icant spell for ****.:smashin:

jimsan

I think that the 9966 may be, perhaps, the Oz version of the UK's 9986. If it isn't, then it'll be nearly the same. May I suggest that you do a search for the '9986 Appreciation Thread' and read the whole thing!

You will find some astonishing info in their, and I bet most of it applies to the 9966!

Go to it!

Keep in mind that settings are very much to personal taste, and you can't beat just experimenting yourself until you're happy......

Jimmy

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom