Phillips hue newby - Samotech sm309

paulrw

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody used the Samotech sm309?
I want something to make my 2off 5 28w halogen bulb chandeliers smart with hue hub and hue switches.
Do i just cut the 2 wires to the light fitting and then fit these in between?
One for each chandelier?
Will this then give on/off/dim and full functionality with hue switches, sensors etc just like a hue bulb?

Amazon product ASIN B07Z9GCT6NView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zigbee-Dimmer-Switch-Compatible-Echo/dp/B07Z9GCT6N/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3NXO425GCLAI8&dchild=1&keywords=samotech%2Bsm309&qid=1607354822&sprefix=samotech%2Bsm309%2Caps%2C159&sr=8-1&th=1

I have hive bulbs and plugs, so hopefully they can join the hive app later on......

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yes but if you power them off at the light switch on the wall they won't work...

ok thanks.
So ive got to join the wires together at the switch, then put hue switch over the top?
Is that the only way, not to keen on only being able to kill power at the trips, is that even within building safety regs?

If you in doubt get a suitably qualified electrician in.

With the SM309 you can wire the switch in to to the SM309 separately. And it can switch it on or off though they do recommend a momentary switch rather than On/Off. In that case you would need to supply appropriate wiring to the SM309. If you have a conventional ceiling rose then you should be able to wire it in.

Hi

Sorry to hijack but how is the dimming on LED bulbs? Is it smooth and flicker free at low levels?

thanks

Hi

Sorry to hijack but how is the dimming on LED bulbs? Is it smooth and flicker free at low levels?

thanks

My Philips Hue are yes

@paulrw I would seriously consider a Shelly Dimmer 2, same sort of theory, however half the price of the SM309 and is WiFi.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom